Patient Fart Blamed For Causing A Fire During Surgery At A Tokyo Hospital

1 min


o5g93tdpt9laa6dv0ijbAccording to a new Tokyo Medical University Hospital report, a patient’s fart during surgery apparently caused a fire that led to serious burns on her body.

Read Gizmodo’s full report:

“The fart-fire incident originally occurred all the way back in April, but a report was just released on October 28 by a committee of “outside experts” who looked at the case and determined there were no flammable materials in the operation room during the surgery, according to Japanese newspaper the Asahi Shimbun.

The patient, who was in her 30s, was receiving an operation at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku Ward that involved using a laser to perform surgery.

According to a report from the hospital, “When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation [room], it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire.”

 The committee also determined that the equipment used in the operation was functioning normally, so it couldn’t possibly be to blame during this unfortunate incident.
So, if you’re ever in the situation where you need to undergo laser surgery, maybe try eating something light before the doctors put you under.”


READ ALSO: Refused A UK Visa? CLICK HERE FOR HELP


Miss PyperPebbles
Ms. Pyper Pebbles is just like any other person watching life; she puts up a show and contributes every once in a while to this mega show. She's a graduate of Ghana Institute of Journalism--she is a sapio-sexual by all standards and believes life would only be worth living if one decides to live... She's a Staff Writer at GhanaCelebrities.Com and a Contributing Writer At BrutallyUncensord.Com, based in Accra-Ghana.

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *