Just as breast cancer awareness is celebrated every year in the month of October, so is Movember celebrated in November every year.
Movember (moustache, “mo”, and “November”) is an annual event involving the growing of moustaches during the month of November to raise awareness of men’s health issues, such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men’s suicide
The goal of Movember is to “change the face of men’s health.
It is worth noting that although Movember isn’t as popular as Breast Cancer awareness, the campaign has managed to raise more than £440m for research into men’s health issues, shifting its focus from male cancer to male health in general, including men’s mental health issues that have traditionally struggled for representation in public debate since its inception.
It is all for a good cause to raise awareness of men’s health problem, so to the guys out there who are looking to join this year’s campaign, these are the rules:
- You must be clean-shaven to start the challenge
- Select a tash. You can get some inspiration from this Movember style guide
- Absolutely no beards Guys, this isn’t ‘beard-vember’ – it is ‘MO-vember’ so embrace growing a big hairy slug on your top lip. No cheating.
- Grooming yes, shaving no. You can give your jaw and neck a once over but there is strictly no shaving on the upper lip. Not even when your philtrum gets itchy.
- You need to maintain and groom a moustache for the whole month. Not just the first few weeks. Nurture that mo bro.
- The mutton-chop rule. No joining your handlebar moustache to your mutton chops. That isn’t a moustache, it is a beard.
- Mo etiquette. Each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true gentleman,’ the Movember Foundation says.
- Raise money for charity. The whole point of Movember is raising awareness about prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and male mental health. There are some who do Movember for a laugh, but never forget the real reason people take part in the month-long hairy spectacle.
Flip to the next page for more pictures:
We PAY for exclusives/breaking news...Got Any? Call/Whatsapp +447837576037 or E-mail: email@example.com