U.S rapper Mac Miller has passed away from an apparent drug overdose.
The BBC reported late Friday, Miller, born Malcolm James McCormick, was found unresponsive in his San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles home.
“The music artist known as Mac Miller died today in his Studio City home,” the LA County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner said in a statement.
“In the late morning of September 7, Malcolm McCormick was found unresponsive…. authorities were called and Miller was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:51 (18:51 GMT).”
The statement added that an autopsy is yet to be held to confirm cause of death, but multiple media reports list it as a drug overdose.
Miller was open about his substance abuse problems, and rapped about them as well.
He broke up with singer and actress Ariana Grande earlier this year.