blank
search-icon
News

MASQUERADES
MASQUERADES

After Sparrow Production ushered us into Christmas with their remarkable “6 Hours To Christmas”, Zedec Entertainment Films was to hit our screens with another well written and directed Christmas movie “MASQUERADES” which features the veteran Actor “Katawere” alongside Desmond Elliot, Lydia Forson, Anang Adjety, Senanu Gbedawuo and others.

However, GhanaCelebrities.Com is disappointed to announce that Zedec Entertainment Films has rescheduled the release of “MASQUERADES” to next Christmas-2011.

Speaking to Habiba Nelson (co-writer of “MASQUERADES”) yesterday, she stated that, reasons beyond their control this Christmas have prompted the postponement. As a Christmas movie, there is no way it can be released anytime after Christmas which necessitates the 2011 Christmas date as the ideal time.

READ ALSO: Refused A UK Visa? CLICK HERE FOR HELP

CLICK HERE to subscribe to our daily up-to-date news!!

POPULAR POSTS

LATEST NEWS

MORE FROM News

12 thoughts on “Zedec Entertainment Films Reschedules The Release Of “MASQUERADES” To Next Christmas-2011”

1. so the movie go dey inside drawer for the next one year? after all the noise,wht circumstances can stall a premiere for a year? or it was a “x’mas fool” they pulled on us.

• Great minds think alike… Same question I jovially asked Habiba Nelson when we spoke yesterday. I was like, so the movie is gonna be hidden in some drawer till next year?

2. next xmas….. oh this aint good. any time an album or afilm is push back it could make it pron to pirating or worse must mean it sucks for critics who’ve seen raw footage

• Personally, I was disappionted since I was waiting for the trailer to bang it on here… But I guess xmas comes once in a year and they want the movie to reflect the season. We got to keep our fingers cross….

3. They better scratch that movie…nex t year?? do they have the slightest idea how many Christmas movies or plays will pop up next year? I figure they’ ve lost out on this one right there.
    First of all, i thought it was sort of a copy cat thing when Shirley released the first ever christmas comedy when they also claimed to be premiering one….and worst of all, after xmas!!! ooo weee…… i ‘,m not saying that healthy competition is bad but people please!! that was way too close for comfort….i mean how many christmas comedies can a man watch………..well, this is what i’m thinking. Adios…and y’all have a splendid Christmas and a fabulous new year……

• I know right, they should have thought about how the movie industry is going to look like in the next year and the kind of competition coming through.

4. Sounds somehow disappointing but I guess its the best decision.When I saw the date for the premiere, I knew it wasn’t going to work cuz that particular day was the last day of the year and almost everyone had their own agendas,moreover they claim the movie was specifically made for christmas.I think Shirley is always smart when it comes to issues like this.

5. It has taken a lot for this decision to be made.I can assure you from an insiders point of view that it was totally beyond them.And for the record several Christmas movies come out every year in Hollywood..

6. for your info. the viewing market is really huge in the US. the population of three states can make up the whole of Ghana and so many movies will thrive when released..even then, some movies dont get sold out at the box office……….and guess what, therere are 50 states………. In Ghana, people are still warming up to these new trends and the market isnt that big….. One can easily be let down by audience at a premiere……dont you recall some premeires failing badly right here in GH? I’m just saying…its going to be a gamble. Perhaps they should release one or two during the year to keep them on the map so that come xmas, people will throng to the studios to watch the premier of the xmas comedy…MASQUERDARES. I rest my case.