Using factors like Brand endorsements, Popularity, Album sales, Awards, YouTube video views, Newspapers appearance, Investment, Social media presence and others, Channel O in association of Forbes Africa have released their top ten most bankable artistes…
Though most of these factors do not necessarily ‘translate’ into MONEY in Africa, we think the list is pretty good.
Check out the 10 most bankable African artistes below…
1. AKON – CEO of Konvict Music, opened doors with other African artiste
2. DON JAZZY – Producer. CEO Mavin Records, Influential producer, MTN, Samsung and Loyal Milk endorsement. D’Banj, Kanye West, Beyonce and Jay Z on production credit
3. P SQUARE – Music Duo. Featured on Forbes Africa twice, sold out concert, presidential guest in at least 5 African countries, they fly private jet…
4. D’BANJ – Music Artiste. International music brand, GO D Music deal, Sony Entertainment deal
5. WIZKID – Music Artiste. EME artiste, Starboy CEO, affiliation with Disturbing London, several international collaboration, highest paid Pepsi ambassador in Africa, ambassador of MTN
6. 2FACE IDIBIA – Music Artiste. 10million disc and at least 7million digital sale, multiple ambassador, one campaign… associated with Guinness, Haven Homes, Airtel Worldwide and philantropist – 2face
7. ANSELMO RALPH – Music Artiste Samsung and Coca Cola ambassador, Angola prince, Perfume line, clothing label, multi million dollar tour bus, Sony artist.
8. SARKODIE – Rapper. Presidential youth
ambassador Ghana, Sark clothing, Samsung ambassador, fan milk Ghana
9. ICE PRINCE – Music Artiste. Six million
downloads, 2 studio owner, one foundation member, Plug N Play ambassador, Zamani foundation
10. BANKY W – Music Artiste. Co owner EME, Samsung Ambassador, Philanthropist, multiple award winner (Published 01-September 2013)