It was a good run whilst it lasted for the Queen Bey, but there’s a new kid in town.
On Monday August 24, Kim Kardashian surpassed Beyonce to become the most followed person on the social media platform Instagram.
Instagram’s vain module of everyone putting their carefully selected pictures online appeals to the narcissist in every one of us, and it’s therefore no coincidence the queen of the selfie is now the most followed on the site.
Her habit of almost constantly posting also helped, as on average she’s more prolific on the site than Beyonce has ever been.
The top ten most followed celebrities contains only one male, Justin Bieber; the rest is a reel of the most poular women in showbiz, including three other members of the Kardashian-Jenner clan.
- Kim Kardashian — 44,005,60
- Beyoncé — 43,935,648
- Taylor Swift — 43,533,226
- Selena Gomez — 41,843,095
- Ariana Grande — 41,696,873
- Justin Bieber — 36,994,254
- Kendall Jenner — 35,388,483
- Kylie Jenner — 33,703,166
- Nicki Minaj — 32,278,123
- Khloé Kardashian — 30,522,261