It has become an anthem for African Americans in this time of entrenched racial inequality in the US, epitomised most by hugely disproportionate violence by police against blacks.
The Grammy nominated song from this year’s classic release from Lamar, ‘To Pimp A Butterfly’, has been earning rave reviews. And now the entertainment website Vulture has ranked it their top music video of the year in their end of year list.
The top ten list contains other gems like Rihanna ‘BBHMM’ and Drake’s late addition ‘Hotline Bling’. It is diversified enough for everyone to find something they like in there.
You can see the top ten list below and decide whether it’s your cup of tea. You can read the full article here and watch all ten videos on Vulture.
- Kendrick Lamar “Alright”
- Donnie Trumpet & the Social Experiment, “Sunday Candy”
- FKA Twigs, “M3LL155X”
- Rihanna, “Bitch Better Have My Money”
- Björk, “lionsong”
- Sia, “Elastic Heart”
- Nicki Minaj feat. Beyoncé, “Feeling Myself”
- Courtney Barnett, “Pedestrian at Best”
- Drake, “Hotline Bling”
- Missy Elliott feat. Pharrell, “WTF (Where They From)