Two Nigerian Women Die After Being Struck By Lighting During Prayer Session

In a freak accident, two Nigerian women have been reported dead after being struck by lighting during a prayer session of their church.
25-year-old Chioma Jonathan and 26 year old Chinonye Anyanwu, both from Imo State, perished when lightning struck during the Heavenly Sure Charismatic Church’s regularly held ‘Holy Ghost hour’ prayer sessions.
One other person suffered injuries, the General Overseer of the church, Pastor Luke Nwokocha, who led the session. He lost consciousness and was rushed to hospital, and also sustained some leg injuries.
Nigeria’s Sunday Sun reports…

The unfortunate incident happened when the two women went to participate in the regular Holy Ghost Hour prayer session of Heavenly Sure Charismatic Church, a Pentecostal church, usually held in the premises of Comprehensive Secondary School, Emekuku in Owerri
Pastor Nwokocha recounted to Sunday Sun what happened. “We always have fellowship every Tuesday. On the fateful day, we had our ‘Holy Ghost Hour’. We were five members in the church. The two deceased sisters, including the sister that swept the church premises; Evangelist Solomon and myself were arranging the benches. Around 4.30pm heavy rain started falling. I started praying for the programme.”
“Then there was a sudden lightning flash followed by the deafening sound of thunder. The two women, who were in the direct path of the electric field created by the lightning flash died instantly, when they were struck by the streak. Nwokocha, who apparently was off the direct path of the streak received a much lower jolt of electricity, which, however, was strong enough to throw him across the room, cause temporary loss of consciousness and physical injuries on his leg and hands.
“My wife, Pastor Eucharia Nwokocha and the other church member rushed me to the hospital for medical treatment,” he said.
Nwokocha who hails from Umuakuru Emekuku in Owerri North LGA further explained: “I have been in this ministry for 26 years. I have never experienced anything like this. I was called into ministry in 1990.  I do not under­stand how it happened, its only God who understands and knows all.”
The Commissioner of Police, Taiwo Lakanu who confirmed the incident said it was a strange occurrence. He added that the cleric was undergoing interrogation at the State Criminal Investigation Department while the corpses of the dead women had been deposited at the mortuary of the Holy Rosary Hospital, Emekuku.


CLICK HERE to subscribe to our daily up-to-date news!!




Leave a Reply