And We Thought Mobile Phones Were Cheap- A Mother Sold Her 6 Weeks Old Baby To Get Herself A Phone

blankA 23-year-old mother of two, Miracle Johnson has found herself at the extreme end of the law when she sold her six weeks old baby to an orphanage and used some of the money to buy a cell phone.
According to the lady, her husband was struggling with work and not earning enough to cater for the household. She told Punch she sold the baby for  N200,000.
READ ALSO: No Woman Is Ever Too Ugly; Poverty And Heartbreak Causes That- Reno Omokri
“My baby was born on July 2. I sold her due to frustration. My husband was just struggling (to provide for us). My friend (Mama Joy) said that since my husband was not taking care of me if I did it (sold the baby), I could give the money to my husband to start a business or buy a motorcycle.
“Two weeks later, she came back. I did not know what happened to me. So, I carried a bag, picked some things and left. I sold her to an orphanage in Onitsha. The orphanage bought the child for N200,000. I just bought only a phone; I did not want to buy it, but she (Mama Joy) forced me to do so.
“I told my pastor what I did and that it was a mistake for which I would never forgive myself. So, my husband and I went to a police station to report. I know what I did was not good. I pray that my child will forgive me.”
READ ALSO: So This Is Why Timaya Says He Is No Marriage Material And Would Rather Just Have Babies?
When her husband was asked about what his wife had done, this was what he had to say;
“When she told me about her plan, I told her to forget about it and exercise patience. On that day, I took my motorcycle out for repairs. When I went back home to get some money, I saw my first daughter with my neighbour.
“When I asked about my wife’s whereabouts, I was told that she went out with a bag, saying that she was going to buy something. So, I remembered what she said she wanted to do with the baby.
“When she called me later in the afternoon to tell me that she had sold the baby, I cursed her and ended the call. I became confused afterwards and could not do anything for the rest of that day.”


CLICK HERE to subscribe to our daily up-to-date news!!




Leave a Reply