The brains behind the world-class Golden Movie Awards have a new offering for Ghanaians, an award show set to reward excellence in all walks of life.
The Gold Coast Excellence Awards, a much broader awards scheme to cover more sectors of Ghanaian society beyond showbiz, was launched at an event held at the Accra International Press Centre today, December 4th.
The launch was to introduce the scheme to the public for the first time via the medium of the press.
The awards scheme, according to organizers NMJ Ghana, would honour over 40 individuals and companies for excellence in their respective fields.
Mimi Andani-Michaels, Director of the Golden Movie Awards who would also be in charge of the Gold Coast Excellence Awards, said the awards scheme is to reward the highest levels of achievement in all sectors, with the ‘Excellence’ attached to it a signal of how it would be geared towards extraordinary individuals and companies making giant strides in bettering the lives of Ghanaians in their own way.
The awards night, slated for March next year, would be a delightful gala complete with a red carpet and the main event at the Marriot Hotel.
Nominations for the Gold Coast Excellence Awards are currently open and would run until 12th December 2018, after which voting by the public would commence. Individuals and companies are encouraged to file their nominations (or have one filed on their behalf) at goldcoastexcellenceawards.com.
The eligibility period for a project or work created is 2018, although long-running and still running projects which are determined to be making the sufficient impact would be accepted.
For more information about the nomination and selection process visit goldcoastexcellenceawards.com
The categories and fields up for honours at the first ever Gold Coast Awards, slated for March 9th 2018, are as follows…
EXCELLENCE IN AGRICULTURE
• EXCELLENCE IN FOOD MANUFACTURING
• EXCELLENCE IN ARCHITECTURE
• EXCELLENCE IN REAL ESTATE
• EXCELLENCE IN TRAVEL, TOURISM & HOSPITALITY
• EXCELLENCE IN ENERGY, OIL & GAS
• EXCELLENCE IN SPORTS, FITNESS & YOGA
• EXCELLENCE IN ALTERNATE MEDICINE
• EXCELLENCE IN BEAUTY & COSMETICS
• EXCELLENCE IN ELECTRONICS & ELECTRICALS
• EXCELLENCE IN TELECOMMUNICATION
• EXCELLENCE IN DATA SERVICE PROVIDING
• EXCELLENCE IN INDUSTRIAL, MANUFACTURING & PLASTICS
• EXCELLENCE IN PHARMACUETICALS
• EXCELLENCE IN TEXTILES & APPAREL
• EXCELLENCE IN FASHION, JEWELLERY & LIFESTYLE
• EXCELLENCE IN SAFETY & SECURITY
• EXCELLENCE IN CONSUMER, HOUSEWARE & HOME-APPLIANCES
• EXCELLENCE IN AUTOMOBILE & AUTOMATION
• EXCELLENCE IN BANKING
• EXCELLENCE IN CHARITABLE WORKS (NGOs)
• EXCELLENCE IN ADVERTISING (ADVERTISING AGENCIES)
• EXCELLENCE IN EVENTS AND EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING AGENCY
• EXCELLENCE IN WEDDING PLANNING
• EXCELLENCE IN WRITING (AUTHORS)
• EXCELLENCE IN MUSIC
• EXCELLENCE IN FILM
• EXCELLENCE IN MAKE UP ARTISTRY
• EXCELLENCE IN CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
• EXCELLENCE IN BEVERAGE PRODUCTION (NON-ALCOHOLIC)
• EXCELLENCE IN BEVERAGE PRODUCTION (ALCOHOLIC)
• EXCELLENCE IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP
• EXCELLENCE IN INSURANCE
• EXCELLENCE IN MEDIA (TV)
• EXCELLENCE IN MEDIA (RADIO)
• EXCELLENCE IN MEDIA (NEWS PRINT)
• EXCELLENCE IN MEDIA (ONLINE)
• EXCELLENCE IN MEDIA (PERSONALITY)
• EXCELLENCE IN LEADERSHIP (CEOs, MDs)
• EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION
• EXCELLENCE IN MEDICINE/MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS/MEDICAL CONSULTANCY
• EXCELLENCE IN TECHNOLOGY
• EXCELLENCE IN DISTRIBUTION
• GOLD COAST ULTIMATE AWARD (FIRM)
• GOLD COAST ULTIMATE AWARD (PERSONALITY)