Are you in the last year of your nursing school? Are you planning to give your NCLEX-PN Admission Test? If yes, then you must know the importance of this test and how it can affect the candidates who are studying in nursing school.
In this article, we will discuss everything about NCLEX-PN and how does practice paper make a big part of the preparation strategy to score well in the exam.
What Is NCLEX-PN Admission Test?
NCLEX-PN also called as the National Council Licensure Examination is the for providing the working license to the nurses in the United States and Canada. This is the PN Type which is for the practice nurses. There is another exam for the Registered Nurses which should not be confused with this one. This is a national exam in which most of the nursing students sit to have their license. A nursing graduate cannot start practicing if they do not have a license. This exam is designed by National Council Licensure Board and is hence the only valid licensing exam available. The exams are designed in a way that they test all the knowledge and the skills of the candidates that are necessary in the entry-level nursing practices. The regulation of the nurses that have enough practice is the duty of the board and this is fulfilled by NCLEX-PN.
Who Is the Target Audience?
The candidates with their nursing degrees or the ones who are pursuing their nursing degrees can apply for NCLEX-PN. The candidates who have their nursing degree can also apply within a specific time period. You will need to fill out the application and once it is approved, you will be able to sit for the exam and when you pass, you will receive your license.
How Is NCLEX-PN Test Helpful for Your Career?
Making a career in the nursing field does require a lot of hard work and training. With NCLEX-PN exam, any candidate can get licensed and start their early career in the field of nursing. This test will help you in becoming a valid license holder. With the help of this license, you can apply for internships and jobs after you complete your nursing school. This is one of the most important thing that is required in the career of a nursing student or someone who wants to become a practice nurse.
Initially, you can work at entry-level positions, but with time and experience, you will be able to go for better job opportunities that will help you in creating a better career for yourself. Initially, the salary will also be less but with experience, you can earn a pretty good salary depending on the hours you put into the job.
Other Information’s about NCLEX-PN Test
If you are a student who is planning to appear for their NCLEX-PN, you need to know some of the basic things about this license exam and how you can prepare for it.
- The candidates need to have a nursing degree or must be pursuing their nursing degree to apply for NCLEX-PN. The candidate who receives a postcard acknowledgement receipt will only be able to sit for the exam.
- The candidates have to pay $200 fee to take NCLEX-PN exam. However, there is an individual licensure fee decided by the State Boards of Nursing and differs from state to state. The candidates can register online as well as through phones.
- The candidates can take the re-test within 45 days after the initial administration. Each candidate who fails will receive a diagnostic profile with a detailed evaluation of your test performance; you can check this and make sure you improve the weak areas in the next attempt.
- The number of questions given to the candidate is 205. However, the candidates have to solve 85 questions in order to see the other questions. These 85 questions are the minimum value. There are also 25 experimental questions that are not counted in the result. The candidates get 5 hours for 205 questions.
- NCLEX PN Practice Exam Sample Questions exam is designed to meet the client needs that are divided into four categories and eight sub categories.
How Helpful Are Practice Papers?
Practice papers are one study material that every candidate needs to have so that they can easily clear this test. The practice papers are extremely important and they can have the following advantages on the preparation:
- Increase Speed
The first advantage of solving the question papers on a regular basis is that you will increase your speed with which you solve questions. You can calculate the time you are taking in solving one question and if you think that your speed is slow, you can easily practice more to increase the speed in the areas you lag.
2. Help Assess Your Preparation
Another thing that the practice papers will help in is assessment of your performance. We would suggest that you start your preparation by solving one paper so that you know how much you need to work in order to pass the test. Additionally, solving one paper every week will help you take a note of your progress and will also help you in determining where you stand.
3. Making a Strategy
Once you know your weaknesses and strengths according to the results of the practice papers that you solved, you will realize that it will become easier for you to make a strategic plan. This way you will be able to focus more on your weaknesses and only work towards polishing your strengths.
4. Knowing The Question Pattern
Once you start solving the question papers, you will be able to decode the pattern of the exam and will also be able to know what kind of questions will be asked in the exam. This way you will have a much effective preparation for the exam.
To Sum Up
All in all,NCLEX-PN is one of the most important exams that any nursing practitioner can give and succeed. The fact that the license is extremely important for any nurse to be able to work and practice means that this is a compulsory test you will have to take. There are numerous books and online study material that you can find in the market which will help you in preparing well for the exam. Just remember to solve the practice papers regularly because they are your biggest savior in this tough exam. Work hard and make sure that you do not look for shortcuts. This exam can be easily passed if you have determination and skills.