The legal troubles following Black Stars captain Asamoah Gyan are set to completely worsen as the defendants in his now debunked blackmail and extortion scheme are set to be the plaintiffs in a new defamation case.
Osarfo Anthony, the entertainment journalist who Gyan alleged had been part of a harebrained scheme to extort money from him using the Sarah Kwabla story, has made it clear that he’s ready to file a civil suit against Gyan.
Anthony, Chris Handler and Sarah Kwabla were all acquitted by the Accra Circuit Court hearing the extortion case brought against them by Gyan after the court finally delivered its verdict Wednesday.
Speaking with mynewsgh after the verdict, Anthony said he’s now going to turn the tables on Asamoah Gyan and sue him for defamation.
“I have lost so much and I need to clear my name. Filing a civil suit against Asamoah Gyan is non-negotiable. I am waiting to pick the ruling from court and we can take it from there,” he said.
The case against the three stemmed from the time when Asamoah Gyan allegedly sodomized Sarah Kwabla and the story was reported on by Handler and Anthony. Gyan sued them in retaliation, claiming they had tried to use the story to blackmail and extort money from him.