“The Lizard that jumped from the high Iroko tree to the ground said he would praise himself if no one else did” — the case of MUSIGA boss, Bice Osei Kufuor, popularly known as Obour.
Obour won’t wait for people to recognise his achievements since he became the President of MUSIGA, he has showered praises on himself.
1. The effective rebranding of Musiga
2. Membership categorization with accompanying benefits (including legal advice, facilitation in musical works registration and royalty collection, discounted services eg. Qq
3. Establishment of the Ageing Musicians Welfare Fund
4. Effective Collective Rights Management( GHAMRO) – the Union led the revolution to achieve an effective administration for Ghamro in line with accepted standard international practices.
5. MUSIGA ACADEMY.
6. Comprehensive Survey on Music Industry in Ghana to identify the economic contribution of the sector to GDP and also to advise policy direction and public and private investment in the music sector.
7. Government subvention of 2 Million Ghana Cedis – The Union for the first time was able to access government funding through a budgetary allocation for research, music fair & peace campaign, capacity building and project administration.
8. Establishment of the Midland- Musiga Ajumapa Business Loans – low interest and relatively collateral free loan to enable Musiga members to access funds for their projects.
9. Institutionalization of Ghana Music Week Festival, Musiga Grand Ball and Asanteman Arts Ball and Awards as event brands to raise funds for Union projects and to promote and create jobs for members.
10. Formalization of Ghana music awards arrangement with Charterhouse and Provision of car prize for chosen VGMA winners over last three years. For the first time, A formal agreement was signed between Charterhouse and Musiga on the organization of the Ghana Music Awards scheme.
11. Regional Support for Capacity Building – During the 1st term of the leadership of Obour, an amount of GHc 100,000.00 was distributed among the 10 regional offices of Musiga for capacity building and development projects.