Actress Selly Galley is barely back on social media for two weeks and already she’s running into trouble.
Her image and likeness is being used by some fraudsters to dupe some people close to her out of huge sums of cash.
Selly Galley took to social media to reveal that some people she knows have already been duped and others should be careful of being scammed themselves.
Per her narration, the scammers contact people close to her via WhatsApp.
They have her photo as a DP and have the Whatsapp ID Mrs Fiawoo or Selly Galley.
Selly said they demand a sum of money to be sent to a name and number she provided in her post.
She outlined their modus operandi in a post:
“FRAUD ALERT! 🚨 🆘❌ Seriously heart breaking. This friend of mine has ALSO just been duped of money she even had to borrow, just to transfer to these fraudsters thinking it was me. This is the modus operandi
1. This number will contact you 0238288784
2. They use my image/pictures as their WhatsApp dp
3. The name MRS FIAWOO or SELLY GALLEY May show as their WhatsApp ID 3. They demand a sum of money to be sent to one DITH MINTAH on Vodafone number 0502204712 claiming I am helping this dith girl out of a situation
4. They even tell you my husband will refund the money in my absence or I’ll refund in later
5. PLEASE MY GOOD PEOPLE DON’T FALL FOR THIS SCAM IN ANY FORM OR MANNER! I know nothing of this and these are not my contact numbers. Be cautioned. Be warned they may use different numbers and different popular personalities, friends or @beauty_room_makeover is another victim Gyimifuo… we will fish you out!”
Selly in a subsequent post said that Vodafone Ghana had responded to her post and would be working to weed out the fraudsters.
This post was published on June 21, 2021 6:55 PM