The Minister of Defense in Guinea, Dr Mohamed Diané, has been reportedly tracked down and arrested by Coup D’état leader Mamady Doumbouya in a suspected US$1.2billion government fund embezzlement.
Dr Mohamed Diané was also said to have been in charge of Presidential Affairs and is one of the numerous Conde government trusted friends being interrogated by Colonel Mamady Doumbouya for corruption.
After his arrest, a team was sent over to confiscate all properties belonging to the Defence Minister as directed by the National Committee for Rally and Development (CNRD).
Among the many properties seized was US$60million in cash hidden in the lawmaker’s basement.
A statement released by the junta announced that investigations are ongoing to apprehend anyone found guilty of stealing from the purse of Guinea.
“We are delivering here the dossier that we have just completed on the case of the former Minister of Defense and in charge of presidential affairs, Doctor Mohamed Diané,” part of the statement read.
Below is the full list of properties seized by Mamady Doumbouya from Dr Mohamed Diané, the Defence Minister of Guinea.
1. $60 million (600 billion Guinean francs) cash collected in the cellar of his home
2. 75.8 kg of 22-karat gold worth nearly 40 billion Guinean francs
3. 17 2-carat diamonds worth nearly 10 billion Guinean francs
4. 47 villas between the Camayenne district and Kagbélén.
5. 53 buildings: including 35 in Conakry, 4 in Kindia, 7 in Kankan, 3 in Labé, 4 in N’Zérékoré.
6. 18 new luxury cars
7. 75 bare plots in Conakry.
8. 200 hectares in Dubréka
9. 1500 hectares in Forécariah
10. 2000 hectares in Kankan
11. 7 hotels
12. 25 bread ovens
13. 7 bottled water production plants
14. 16 poultry farms with more than 2 million chicks in total.
The total of all these properties according to reports is over $1.2 billion.