A pregnant woman and 4 other people have reportedly died after consuming waakye at a popular food joint at Oyibi Bush Canteen.
According to the report, about 40 people were affected but 5 out of them including a pregnant woman have died.
Also, the vendor who is identified as Yellow Sisi and her family were all affected and rushed to the Valley View Hospital in Oyibi after they complained of severe stomach pains.
READ ALSO: Video Stirs Massive Reaction As Akua GMB Turns Akrobeto Without Makeup
Myjoyonline.com reported that Vally View Hospital has confirmed the incident but could not give detailed information. They reveal their data has now been forwarded to the Kpone Katamaso Hospital for proper investigation.
‘As at now, some people are still visiting the hospital, and therefore, until all the necessary laboratory tests are complete, we cannot give specific data on the number of people who have been affected or whether it was indeed a case of food poisoning‘ Dr Easther Danquah said.
Meanwhile, the Yellow Sisi Joint and other nearby shops are all closed are reportedly closed.
READ ALSO: I Did ‘Susu’ For Years To Fund My Surgery Until God Touched Asamoah Gyan To Help Me – Emotional Stonebwoy Hails Gyan – Video
It’s said that other shop attendants who ate the food last week Friday are affected and undergoing treatment.
This post was published on January 27, 2023 3:44 PM