The winners of the 2012 African Academy Awards (AMAA) were announced few hours ago with the South African film ‘How To Steal 2 Million’ leading the winning tray…
Majid Michel from Ghana won the Best Actor In A Lead Role Award for his role in ‘Somewhere In Africa’, Ties That Bind’ won the ‘2012 AMAA Achievement In Screenplay‘ award.
Rita Dominic also beat her strong competitors with her performance in ‘Shattered’ to win the AMAA ‘2012 Best Actress In A Lead Role‘.
The prestigious Director of the year award went to Charlie Vundla for his movie ‘How To Steal 2 Million’. The movie also won the 2012 AMAA Best film prize.
Some of the biggest names from black Hollywood were at The AMAAs, including Emmy winner and Golden Globe nominee Lynn Whitfield (The JosephineBaker Story and Without a Trace); Morris Chestnut (American Horror Story, Boyz in the Hood); Rockmond Dunbar (Prison Break, Sons of Anarchy) and Maya Gilbert (General Hospital, Days of Our Lives).
Heroes star Jimmy Jean-Louis hosted the prestigious awards, which included performancesfrom Asa, 2Face Idibia and Senegal’s Viviane Ndour.
Only films produced and released between December 2010 and December 2011 were eligible.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Woyome To Repay Ghc51m Back To The State By The End Of This Year
- Three Arrested in Connection With Arranged Marriage Of A 9 Year Old Girl To A 56 Year Old Man in Ghana
- Nollywood Actress-Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Shares Photo of Her 18 Year Old Daughter
- Ghana Embroiled In Two International Disputes Involving Waterville And Cote d’Ivoire
- Ghanaian UK Based Pastor- Prophet Eric Isaiah Adusah Arrested for Killing His British Wife While in Ghana With Her