The winners of the 2012 African Academy Awards (AMAA) were announced few hours ago with the South African film ‘How To Steal 2 Million’ leading the winning tray…
Majid Michel from Ghana won the Best Actor In A Lead Role Award for his role in ‘Somewhere In Africa’, Ties That Bind’ won the ‘2012 AMAA Achievement In Screenplay‘ award.
Rita Dominic also beat her strong competitors with her performance in ‘Shattered’ to win the AMAA ‘2012 Best Actress In A Lead Role‘.
The prestigious Director of the year award went to Charlie Vundla for his movie ‘How To Steal 2 Million’. The movie also won the 2012 AMAA Best film prize.
Some of the biggest names from black Hollywood were at The AMAAs, including Emmy winner and Golden Globe nominee Lynn Whitfield (The JosephineBaker Story and Without a Trace); Morris Chestnut (American Horror Story, Boyz in the Hood); Rockmond Dunbar (Prison Break, Sons of Anarchy) and Maya Gilbert (General Hospital, Days of Our Lives).
Heroes star Jimmy Jean-Louis hosted the prestigious awards, which included performancesfrom Asa, 2Face Idibia and Senegal’s Viviane Ndour.
Only films produced and released between December 2010 and December 2011 were eligible.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Hit-and Run Minister Symptomatic of Bigger Problem in Ghanaian Society
- Gospel Musician-Grace Ashly Caught Cheating in Exams and Suspended From School
- WTF News: Man Beheads Son over Wife's Refusal to Sleep with Him in Ghana
- PHOTOS + Samini to Give 1 Million Solar Lanterns for Free
- The Search for Greener Pastures | 6 Men Defrauded by Pastor Who Promised to Send Them Abroad