Six young, witty, beautiful and purpose-driven ladies, who auditioned for available slots in the Northern Belt in this year’s Miss Ghana beauty pageant, have qualified for the national finals in Accra.
After engaging in different tasks over a period of three days which required all contestants to pass certain score points, the judging panel, which included Shaida Buari, Miss Ghana 2002, Mimi Areme, Miss Ghana 2009, Shika Obeng, Executive Director of FC Skin and Beauty Clinic, Inna Mariam Patty and a guest judge, upon careful consideration, and in consultation with Contestant Manager Lauretta Aryeetey, gave a verdict that went well with all who auditioned.
The judges took into consideration factors including but not limited to poise, attitude, facial beauty, elegance, eloquence, intelligence, beauty with a purpose and sense of direction among other vital score points.
The selected contestants include Georgette Anawode Adeyiga, a 20 year-old Biology student of the University of Development Studies (Wa), Gifty Enyonam Abiti, a 20 year-old Medical student, also of the University of Development Studies (Wa), Josephine Aryitey, a 19 year-old Senior High School graduate, Biley Sung La Bou, a 22 year-old Management Studies student of the University of Development Studies (Wa), Joana Ahiawordor, a 24 year-old Level 400 Political Science student of the University of Ghana, and Rufina Boateng.
Rufina and Josephine will represent the Northern Region, with Gifty and Georgette representing the Upper East while Joan and Billy would represent the Upper West region at the national finals.
“The quality of girls we’ve selected from this belt goes to underscore the importance we are attaching to this year’s event. We are hopeful that they will go very far in what already looks like a tough national finals,” Inna Mariam Patty says.
Contestants who failed to make the final list received consolation prizes from donors including a hefty 50 discount on computer training at IPMC.
“Just as we’ve been preaching from day one, this year’s Miss Ghana event is a win-win affair and we’ve just proved that in Tamale by ensuring that even those who lost out went home happy,” she adds.
Following the Northern Belt auditions is that of the Middle Belt, which takes place tomorrow July 17 at the Golden Tulip Hotel, Kumasi. The Middle Belt comprises of the Ashanti Region, Brong Ahafo and Eastern regions while the Southern Belt, whose auditions comes off on July 24 at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Accra, is made up of the Greater Accra, Volta, Western and Central regions.
In all, 20 finalists will be selected across the three main belts, and properly groomed over an exciting reality show. There will be no weekly evictions, Exclusive Events Ghana has said.
Miss Ghana 2012 is powered by Exclusive Events Ghana, with support from Manet Properties, Auto Plaza Ltd, Reflexion Hair care, Africa Cola, Fidelity Bank, Whirlpool, FC Skin & Beauty Klinik, Special Ice Mineral Water, Accents & Arts, TT Brothers, International Energy Insurance (IEI), Edern Security, Intercom Programming & Manufacturing Company Limited (IPMC), Total Fitness Health Club, ATL Fabrics, Danny’s Décor, Moet and Chandon, Active Media and Amazing U.
Miss Ghana 2012: Evolution of Beauty.
Miss Ghana 2012
Facebook: Miss Ghana 2012 0r Facebook.com/MissGhanaOfficial
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?