Miss Universe 2011, Miss Leila Lulian da Costa Viera Lopes ended her 2 days visit to Ghana to raise awareness about HIV/Aids among children and women.
The beauty queen visited the SOS Village in Tema and presented a cheque for GHC 2.400.00. The donation formed part of her activities to raise funds to support orphans, create awareness about HIV/Aids and poverty reduction.
At the cocktail event at Labadi Beach Hotel in Accra which was supported by the Angolan Embassy and Ecobank Bank Ghana, Miss Lopes was presented with a gold necklaces crafted with Adinkra symbol as a souvenir from Ghana.
The organisers of Miss Universe Ghana, Insignia Group presented her with the title ‘Obaa Pa’ (Woman of Substance).
She also received a cheque of GHC10.000 from Ecobank. In her acceptance speech, requested and begged the bank to assist her with funds to enable her visit continue with other African countries.
Check out the photos below form the cocktail event!
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Dr Dre Announces Upcoming Release Of Album: His First In Sixteen Years
- Bobbi Kristina’s ‘Death Pic’ Sold For Over $100,000
- Nigerian Military Rescues 178 More Women And Children From Boko Haram
- Facebook Builds Drones To Bring Internet Connectivity To Remote Areas
- HOT SHOT: Genevieve Nnaji at Stephanie Linus' 'Dry' Movie Premiere