A staff of Exclusive Events Ghana, organizers of Miss Ghana by name Sammy, has disclosed that contrary to reports that, they may not get a rep from Ghana for this year’s Miss World – because the ultimate 2013 winner, Miss Guisseppina Baafi, has been stripped off the crown and also, the runners-up have refused to take on the crown, 146 beauty pageant enthusiasts have hit their office, requesting to be crowned and groomed for Miss World.
Sammy laughed and retorted “who said so? That we don’t have a rep as Miss Ghana queen to represent Ghana at this year’s Miss World? It’s a lie. As we speak, 148 ladies have come to our office and penned down their names, requesting to be presented for this year’s Miss World. I repeat 146 – including some old contestants of the pageant as well as those who contested for just last year.”
Sammy made those revelations when he was interviewed on Channel R’s 205 Entertainment programme Wednesday, 16th July, 2014. Sammy went further to disclose that all the runners-up are truly not ready to be crowned. According to Sammy, “the runners-up resigned from their positions a month after the grand finale of the pageant – all because, they all believed they deserved to be the ultimate winner but that did not actualize.”
The ‘Miss Ghana’ pageant has been thrown into a state of confusion after the organizers released a statement stripping the winner, Guisseppina Baafi off her title and all other privileges.
When host, Christian Agyei-Frimpong, asked Sammy the main reason why the organizers stripped Miss Guisseppina off the crown, he said the latter resigned somewhere in May but refused to give any concrete reason for her action. “May be she saw that she can’t stand the task that comes with the crown towards the forthcoming Miss World.”
However, Razz Newspaper’s investigations, uncovered that Miss Baafi and the organizers have had disagreements for the past months. Investigations prove that the organizers presented the winner with a contract and wanted her to sign but after reading through it, Miss Baafi refused to append her signature to the deal.
She requested to show the contract to her lawyer for guidance, a request which was flatly rejected by the organizers. Her refusal to sign whatever contract prompted the organizer to take away some major prizes she won at the pageant including the car and the house a month ago, way before the organizers released a statement stripping her off her crown.
On the allegation of the mother of the CEO of Exclusive Event assaulting Miss Guisseppina, Sammy urged all to take it with a pinch of salt. “If it is true, why has she not reported it to the police or sued us. This is an assault case then! She should take us to court! Is the media now a court? I suspect it’s the media that is cooking up all these allegations” Sammy ended.
So may be at long last, all of us can heave a deep sigh of relief and take consolation in the fact that, Ghana may have a rep for this year’s Miss World Pageant slated for London in December. Until then…MOTWUM!!
We PAY for exclusives/breaking news...Got Any? Call/Whatsapp +447837576037 or E-mail: email@example.com